usage: ansible-inventory [-h] [--version] [-v] [-i INVENTORY] [--vault-id VAULT_IDS] [--ask-vault-pass | --vault-password-file VAULT_PASSWORD_FILES] [--playbook-dir BASEDIR] [--list] [--host HOST] [--graph] [-y] [--toml] [--vars] [--export] [--output OUTPUT_FILE] [host|group]
used to display or dump the configured inventory as Ansible sees it
- ask for vault password
- When doing an –list, represent in a way that is optimized for export,not as an accurate representation of how Ansible has processed it
- create inventory graph, if supplying pattern it must be a valid group name
- Output specific host info, works as inventory script
- Output all hosts info, works as inventory script
- When doing –list, send the inventory to a file instead of to the screen
- Since this tool does not use playbooks, use this as a substitute playbook directory.This sets the relative path for many features including roles/ group_vars/ etc.
- Use TOML format instead of default JSON, ignored for –graph
- Add vars to graph display, ignored unless used with –graph
- the vault identity to use
- vault password file
- show program’s version number, config file location, configured module search path, module location, executable location and exit
- show this help message and exit
-i, --inventory, --inventory-file
- specify inventory host path or comma separated host list. –inventory-file is deprecated
- verbose mode (-vvv for more, -vvvv to enable connection debugging)
- Use YAML format instead of default JSON, ignored for –graph
The following environment variables may be specified.
ANSIBLE_CONFIG – Override the default ansible config file
Many more are available for most options in ansible.cfg
/etc/ansible/ansible.cfg – Config file, used if present
~/.ansible.cfg – User config file, overrides the default config if present
Ansible was originally written by Michael DeHaan.
AUTHORS file for a complete list of contributors.
Ansible is released under the terms of the GPLv3+ License.
ansible(1), ansible-config(1), ansible-console(1), ansible-doc(1), ansible-galaxy(1), ansible-inventory(1), ansible-playbook(1), ansible-pull(1), ansible-vault(1),
© 2012–2018 Michael DeHaan
© 2018–2019 Red Hat, Inc.
Licensed under the GNU General Public License version 3.