The CMake tutorial provides a step-by-step guide that covers common build system issues that CMake helps address. Seeing how various topics all work together in an example project can be very helpful.
The tutorial documentation and source code for examples can be found in the
Help/guide/tutorial directory of the CMake source code tree. Each step has its own subdirectory containing code that may be used as a starting point. The tutorial examples are progressive so that each step provides the complete solution for the previous step.
- Step 1: A Basic Starting Point
- Step 2: Adding a Library
- Step 3: Adding Usage Requirements for a Library
- Step 4: Installing and Testing
- Step 5: Adding System Introspection
- Step 6: Adding a Custom Command and Generated File
- Step 7: Packaging an Installer
- Step 8: Adding Support for a Testing Dashboard
- Step 9: Selecting Static or Shared Libraries
- Step 10: Adding Generator Expressions
- Step 11: Adding Export Configuration
- Step 12: Packaging Debug and Release
© 2000–2021 Kitware, Inc. and Contributors
Licensed under the BSD 3-clause License.