From Get docs
git-var - Show a Git logical variable
git var ( -l | <variable> )
Prints a Git logical variable.
- Cause the logical variables to be listed. In addition, all the variables of the Git configuration file .git/config are listed as well. (However, the configuration variables listing functionality is deprecated in favor of
git config -l.)
- The author of a piece of code.
- The person who put a piece of code into Git.
- Text editor for use by Git commands. The value is meant to be interpreted by the shell when it is used. Examples:
"C:\Program Files\Vim\gvim.exe" --nofork. The order of preference is the
$GIT_EDITORenvironment variable, then
$EDITOR, and then the default chosen at compile time, which is usually
- Text viewer for use by Git commands (e.g.,
less). The value is meant to be interpreted by the shell. The order of preference is the
$GIT_PAGERenvironment variable, then
$PAGER, and then the default chosen at compile time (usually
© 2012–2021 Scott Chacon and others
Licensed under the MIT License.