Contributing to Django
Django is a community that lives on its volunteers. As it keeps growing, we always need more people to help others. As soon as you learn Django, you can contribute in many ways:
- Join the Django forum. This forum is a place for discussing the Django framework and applications and projects that use it. This is also a good place to ask and answer any questions related to installing, using, or contributing to Django.
- Join the django-users mailing list and answer questions. This mailing list has a huge audience, and we really want to maintain a friendly and helpful atmosphere. If you’re new to the Django community, you should read the posting guidelines.
- Join the #django IRC channel on Libera.Chat and answer questions. By explaining Django to other users, you’re going to learn a lot about the framework yourself.
- Blog about Django. We syndicate all the Django blogs we know about on the community page; if you’d like to see your blog on that page you can register it here.
- Contribute to open-source Django projects, write some documentation, or release your own code as an open-source pluggable application. The ecosystem of pluggable applications is a big strength of Django, help us build it!
If you think working with Django is fun, wait until you start working on it. We’re passionate about helping Django users make the jump to contributing members of the community, so there are several ways you can help Django’s development:
Really, ANYONE can do something to help make Django better and greater!
Browse the following sections to find out how: